As a member of the Visitor Services team, the Visitor Services Specialist-Coordinator plays a vital role in enhancing earned revenue via concessions and retail sales while providing the ultimate Putnam experience.
The Visitor Services Specialist-Coordinator will successfully meet and exceed performance goals which align with organizational priorities and strategies.
The Visitor Services Specialist – Coordinator position is a full-time, non-exempt position within the Putnam Museum and Science Center. The starting hourly range is $11.50 to $12.50 along with a competitive benefits package. Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Essential Job Functions
Promote the vision, mission, and strategic objectives of the Putnam Museum and Science Center.
Coordinate and Execute facility usage/rentals (outside groups/partners/individual renters) including but not limited to:
- Be the point-of-contact for all inquiries concerning rentals, special events, and non-school groups in the event the VS Specialist- Sales/Rentals is unavailable.
- Prepare Happenings and room setup forms and work with facilities staff to ensure setup is correct.
- Coordinate with other departments, as needed.
- Contract bartenders and security (if needed).
- Work a flexible schedule to include staffing facility rentals and/or group events including closing and alarming building for after-hours events/rentals (if needed).
- Assume responsibility as first point-of-contact for all alcohol vendors and/or caterers.
- Manage bar inventory.
- Manage inventory of decorating and special event items such as center pieces, wristbands, etc.
- Manage Linen Inventory and work with any outside vendors in relation to linen rental/cleaning.
- Oversee Custodial Inventory and work with custodial vendors for replenishment and product sourcing.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Ability to interact with visitors, employees, community partners, donors, and volunteers in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Skilled at basic mathematical computations, verbal communication, operation of cash registers and computer systems.
- Ability to coordinate the work of skilled and semi-skilled employees and volunteers.
- Ability to apply creative problem solving.
- Ability to create, follow and maintain timelines.
- Ability to work under pressure and to find humor in everyday situations.
- Knowledge of proper telephone procedures.
Training and Experience:
Minimum 2 years work-related experience. Retail experience is highly preferred.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
To Apply: Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.