The Facility Usage and Group Sales Specialist is a full-time position and a member of the Visitor Services team. This position supports the VS team in day-to-day functions, sales opportunities, and will interact with a diverse audience, including current and prospective visitors, customers, educators, and the public, to build enduring
relationships and deliver excellent customer service. Under the direction of the VS Manager, the Facility Usage and Group Sales Specialist will help achieve the institution’s rentals and sales objectives.
The Facility Usage and Group Sales Specialist position is a full-time, non-exempt position within the Putnam Museum and Science Center. The starting hourly range is $15.00 – $16.30 along with a competitive benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Application deadline is December 1, 2023.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Job Functions (the following essential job functions describe the general nature of work for this position, but this list is not intended to be an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of functions)
Plan, Sell, Coordinate and Execute facility usage/rentals (outside groups/partners/individual renters) including but not limited to:
- Coordinate direct sales solicitation through in-person calls, direct mail, trade shows, business leads provided by Visit Quad Cities and presentations to attract group tours and facility rentals.
- Respond and document all sales leads, and respond in a timely manner to all rental and sales inquiries
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on the facility and services available, including specific programming,
event spaces, and setup options.
- Assume responsibilities as point-of-contact for all inquiries concerning rentals, special events, and non-school groups
- Provide quotes and book reservations in Altru reservations system
- Negotiate terms of facility rental/sales agreements, including negotiating rates/partner discounts based on
- Prepare Facility Usage Agreement for ALL events/rentals when our facility is being utilized by outside groups/partners/rental customers
- Assist in the preparation Happenings and room setup forms and work with facilities staff to ensure setup is correct. Coordinate with other departments, as needed.
- Contract bartenders and security (if needed)
- Work a flexible schedule to include staffing facility rentals and/or group events including closing and alarming building for after-hours events/rentals (if needed)
- Conduct a post event review/survey with client to ensure satisfaction and look for means of improvement
Training and Experience:
3-5 years of experience in guest services/hospitality industry including experience in Sales/Event management.
The Putnam Museum and Science Center is an equal opportunity employer.