Create Life-Long Memories with a Study Trip to the Putnam!
Bring learning to life and give your students exciting experiences in science, history, culture, and more with a study trip to the Putnam. Your Ed-Venture includes the Science Centers 35+ interactive stations that will help your students understand and apply science concepts as they explore the power of electricity, allow their imagination to soar with art and animation, test their engineering and design skills, and much more.
Students will be immersed in the history, culture, and ecology of the Quad Cities region and will also become world travelers as they visit fragile ecosystems and ancient world cultures. A Putnam program may transport them to Ellis Island as new immigrants or under the sea as part of the ocean’s food web. Of course, no visit to the Putnam is complete without an educational documentary in the Putnam’s GIANT Screen theater.
Common Ground Teacher Resource
In Common Ground: Our Voice, Our Stories, the past and present come alive as visitors surround themselves with the rich history of the Quad Cities. Make the most of our newly renovated regional history exhibit, with the following activities for educators to use with their classrooms.
The activities are recommended for Upper Elementary (4-6) through High School. Each activity has an extension to further engage students. Also included is a list of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) activities that can be used to promote positive identity, belongingness and appreciation of differences with your students.
Guidelines For Your Group Tour to the Putnam
REQUESTS must be submitted one week in advance and one teacher per class receives complimentary general admission.
- All visits are self guided tours.
- Required ratio of ONE adult per TEN students for museum. Adults in ratio are complimentary. Each additional adult will be charged the group adult rate.
- Rates are as follows: $6.00 per group youth and $10.00 for adult not in required ratio.
- When applicable, entrance to a specific exhibit may require an additional charge to all in party.
PROGRAMS are listed in the Educator Resource Guide.
DOCUMENTARY FILMS: Groups of 50 or more can request a Giant Screen Film from current showings or our film library.
- Rates are as follows: $5.00 per group youth and $8.00 per adult not in required ratio.
- Requests will be honored based on theater availability. Films times are 10:00am, 11:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, and 3:00pm.
- All payments are due the day of visit. Cash, Check or Credit Card are all accepted.
- Some exhibits, if applicable, require an additional charge. (Applies also to adults receiving free general admission.)
CONCESSION orders need to be made TWO days prior with form.
- This is for all education groups. If no order form is received in advance, groups will not be able to receive concessions. This is to ensure supplies and staff are met appropriately.
Group General Admission pricing begins at 25 people per group. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 563-336-7290.